Watermelon Feta Salad
You can throw your calendar in the trash, because summer starts and ends with this salad! This watermelon feta mix is the perfect 4-way marriage of sweet, salty, crunchy and refreshing. It's a crowd-pleaser, especially on those extra hot days. Just remember to share, which will be harder than you think!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
3 cups cubed watermelon
2 cucumbers, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 large block feta cheese, cubed
1 handful of torn fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (balsamic or white wine also lovely here!)
Red pepper flakes
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
In a large bowl, add cubed watermelon, chopped cucumbers, chopped red onion, cubed feta, and torn mint leaves.
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Combine to make dressing for salad.
Add dressing over ingredients in bowl. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Combine.
Serve chilled, topped with extra fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
Make it step-by-step with me below!
LET'S DO THIS ONE STEP AT A TIME:
Name a better girl group. I will wait!!!
Grab a big bowl.
2. Chop watermelon in 1" cubes and add to bowl.
3. Chop cucumbers into fairly large wedges and add to bowl.
4. Chop red onion into half moons and add to bowl.
5. Add a handful of torn fresh mint leaves to bowl.
6. Chop feta into 1" cubes and add to bowl.
7. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add dressing to bowl, along with extra salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
9. Stir to combine.
10. Plate salad, and top with extra fresh mint leaves!