Tie-Dye Easter Eggs
If you know me, you know of my love of tie-dye! Words cannot express how happy it made me last year when tie-dye everything made a fierce comeback. Obviously I was ahead of the game because tie-dye has long been a favorite of all the coolest people in the world, but that's neither here nor there. The Pinterest Mom in me (I'm 80% water, 76% Pinterest Mom TBH) couldn't let this Easter go by without sharing these fun and easy shaving cream tie-dye eggs I make every year with kids and adults alike! They are the perfect Easter activity, and I can't wait to see all the beautiful eggs you create!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Toothpicks or spoons
*Whipped cream or cool whip also work and, if you plan to eat the eggs afterwards, that's the way to go.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Make it step-by-step with me below!
1. Fill both your trays with shaving cream (or whipped cream if that's the route you chose).
2. Pick your colors!
3. Add a few drops of food dye to the shaving cream in your trays.
4. Now take your toothpick or end of a spoon and swirl the colors together in the shaving cream to get the tie-dye going!
5. Add your eggs!
6. Tuck your eggs into the shaving cream tightly and let them sleep for 20 minutes. Maybe read them a story. Whatever you think's best.
7. Grab your paper towels and gently awaken your sleeping eggs!
8. Remove your eggs with the tongs (or just your fingers, let's be honest) and gently wipe with paper towels to reveal the tie-dyed egg masterpieces you just created!
9. Gorgeous! Like I said, the easiest and most fun Easter activity. Have so much fun playing and making different designs and remember that everything you make is perfect because YOU made it!