Leftover Pasta Fritatta
On the rare occasion I have leftover pasta after dinner, this frittata is such a special treat the next morning. It was Bimpy who taught me about this delight when I was very young. I remember watching as he took leftover pasta and so delicately turned it into this perfect frittata. It didn’t matter what kind of pasta shape, what sauce, or what time of day it was, he always made it feel like the world had stopped and it was just us making magic together.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
Grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Scramble eggs with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and grated parmesan. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a heated non-stick frying pan. Add leftover pasta and cook until heated through. Add egg mixture, and let it cook, untouched, until eggs are fully cooked and bottom is golden brown and delicious.
Flip it out and flip out. Pasta frittata. What a dream.
Quarter frittata and serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan or pecorino cheese.
Make it step-by-step with me below!
LET'S DO THIS ONE STEP AT A TIME:
1. Grab your leftover pasta and some eggs. The ratios here could not be more flexible. Listen to your stomach.
2. Heat your pasta in a nonstick frying pan with a extra oil. Get it nice and crispy.
3. Scramble your eggs and add some grated parmesan or pecorino.
4. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
5. Add egg mixture to the pan with pasta.
6. Cover pan and let frittata cook through.
7. Flip frittata onto plate and eat!
You can also cut into quarters so you can share with others (or at least pretend you are gonna share with others)!
A photo of me in my happy place.