Friends of Grossy: NoCrumbsLeft Marinated Red Onions
I've been following NoCrumbsLeft on Instagram for a long time. I fell in love with her Big Mom Energy immediately, and we have since become long distance food pals. She shares her recipes, her life, and her family and friends with effortless ease and joy. If you aren't following her, you must!
One of her recipes that has become a weekly staple in the Grossy household is her famous marinated red onions. They are so simple to put together and should live on your countertop permanently to throw on everything you eat!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 small red onion
¾ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Thinly slice red onion (using Amanda Lynn if you have her) and place in a shallow bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
Pour mixture over onions, making sure they are fully submerged. Let them sit on counter and soak up each other's awesomeness at room temperature for 12 hours before using. Onions last for 3 days maximum. Do not refrigerate! You can use the leftover marinade as a perfect dressing for salads.
Make it step-by-step with me below!
Gang's all here! Including the perfect NoCrumbsLeft cookbook!
The marinated red onions are what made NoCrumbsLeft famous, and thus they are the first thing you see when opening her book!
This is Teri, the genius behind NoCrumbsLeft. How cute is she?!
1. Grab your onion and your girl, Amanda Lynn!
2. Slice, slice baby.
3. I am doubling the marinade recipe because my onion is large. So here I am using 1 1/2 cups olive oil.
4. 2 tablespoons dried oregano.
5. 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar.
7. Grab your onions and your marinade.
8. Pour mixture over onions, making sure they are fully submerged. Let them sit on counter and soak up each other's awesomeness at room temperature for 12 hours before using. Onions last for 3 days maximum. Do not refrigerate! You can use the leftover marinade as a perfect dressing for salads.